Sunday, May 22, 2011

House pictures with my ever evolving flower bed.  I wanted to make sure and get pictures at different times of the year so that I can see how the flowers look at different periods.  Sometimes I think that blogging is the best thing for being able journal gardens and their progress. 
The vine that is crawling up my suet feeder is a Sweet Autumn Clematis.  I think that a bird deposited it there or an errant seed took root.  Either way, I was going to dig it up, but it has started to attach itself, and I am liking it.

Miscellaneous flower pictures.  Columbine that I started from seed years ago, irises in bloom, as well as Foxglove that I also started from seed.
My mailbox bed. Not one of my favorites. It is evolving also...as is anything that lands in my yard. That is what makes gardening so enjoyable for me...nothing is static, and I like it that way.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Very pretty beds--I like the curved border. And I love <3 the columbines.

Jeannette said...

Most lovely columbine...

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I agree blogging is a great way to keep track of your garden. That's a big reason why I do it. Your gardens are all really pretty, you are lucky to have all that space!

Peggy said...

Thank you all for the compliments.
Catherine, I am glad to know that someone else blogs for a similar reason. I am not alone. :)

Jasmin said...

love the flowers!!!! check also my blog on www.blossomsup.blogspot.com just started :)

Peggy said...

Thanks, Jasmin. I will definitely check out your blog. Thanks for the link. :)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I enjoy seeing photos of people's yards as well as close ups of the flowers. You have a beautiful place!

Peggy said...

Thanks, Sue...we have been here 10 years now and it feels like parts of the yard are finally starting to come together. Others are definitely still in the development stage! :)