Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dreary cold day today


My vegetable garden just waiting for me to get
busy!

My yellow columbine has some volunteer
seedlings

The flowers of the grape hyacinth are just
starting to come up. They are a bit hard to see
yet.

The flower bed on the south side of the house
is in need of some redesign this year

If you look very closely, you can see the new
asparagus coming up as well as how badly I
need to weed!

Today is cold and dreary. The temperature is only 44 degrees and the winds are up to 20 mph. I went out to take some more pictures of what is going on in the yard. While I was out there, I saw a goldfinch that was the prettiest yellow! I was surprised to see him so colorful at this time of the year (even if it is nearly mid April, it sure does not feel like it today!).


I have been watching a robin outside my kitchen window this morning. There has been a lot of activity in the large blue spruce outside the window. The birds must be getting ready to nest. It has been preening and fluffing its feathers. Probable because of the cold! The fluffing part anyway.


After I get some things done in the house, I would like to get out to my shed and pot up some more seeds and transplant some seedlings.

No comments: