Monday, March 21, 2011

Gerbera daisy infestation update

My gerbera daisy infestation was not doing well.  I tried the homemade concoction of water, vinegar and baking soda, but then my sprayer broke.  Truthfully, I found it to be a pain to wash each leaf by hand.  My diligence went to the wayside and the bugs won....big time!  They seem to only like my daisies because I have a variety of other plants in my potting shed that are totally unaffected; even ones that were sitting right next to them. 

  
 
I broke down and bought a commercial spray that is supposed to be environmentally friendly....
 All I can say is, I hope it works.  I gave them a first application last night.  They do look somewhat less infested??  Perhaps that is my wishful thinking.  How these poor plants are continuing to grow and remain green is beyond me. 

No comments: