Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day

Well, according to groundhog lore, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. Not that I really mind. I have enjoyed this winter with the snow staying on the ground longer than usual since the temps aren't fluctuating as much as they seem to. Plus, I need extra time to figure out what seeds to order and from which of the multiple catalogs that I have received this year. The pretty pictures and unique descriptions of each type of seed make my choices so difficult! I am really leaning toward open pollinated heirloom seeds that have not been genetically modified. Googling GMO foods will give you a pandora's box of information on this topic. I feel that we are exposed to too much in the environment already and why take the risk? This is making my choices slimmer. Until then, I will probably continue to oogle at those pretty pictures and the unique descriptions until I am forced to make my decisions so that I can get my seeds started in a timely manner.

No comments: