Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ordering seeds

Well, I ordered my abundance of seeds today. Not that I don't have any seeds mind you. I have plenty.

These are all of my left over seeds from last year and some longer than that. As you can see, there is no shortage of seeds.

I did my part to stimulate the economy of various seed companies today. I ordered from Johnny's, Bountiful Gardens, The Maine Potato Lady, Seed Savers Exchange, Baker Creek Seeds, and Pinetree Garden Seeds. Many of the varieties that I ordered are open pollinated. I tried my best to not order any hybrids. I want to start saving my own seed for following years. If I do that, I can place them in the Seed Savers Yearbook for others to buy. I also bought some heirloom Burpee seeds from Wal Mart.

Now I need to make a listing of all of the seeds that I have available for this year...

No comments: