Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What is "growing on" in the garden today...

The green and wax beans are sprouting now.












This is my little bit of dill that Bill saved for me. We had such an overabundance of dill that volunteered this year. Most of it had to be removed. We kept a bit here and there.












Not a very good picture of my mini pumpkins. I was not sure if the seed would even sprout. I am trying to use up a lot of old seed this year. I cannot bear to throw away any seeds or anything green.












The cucumbers are doing pretty well. I am still waiting for them to start to climb.












Peppers on the other hand are not doing as well. Their growth seems to be stunted. Others in the area are also saying that their plants are not doing well this year. My plants are starting to get some flower buds though. Any peppers will be as big as the plants.












Two more raspberries are becoming red. They are not quite ready yet though. I sure am!












The potatoes are starting to flower. This is another plant that is not doing well. Some did not come up at all and others wilted after coming up. I lost two plants this way.
I must say that we are very pleased with the way that the raised beds are working out. Weeding seems much easier. The beds will take a couple years of compost to get a better soil, but so far, so good. It will be interesting to see over a few years how the more intensive gardening works out with harvest amounts and disease/bugs.

No comments: