Thursday, June 12, 2008

Newest veggie garden pics
















Here are the newest pics of the veggie garden with almost all of the raised beds in. I did not think that we would get all of them done this summer, but Bill was busy and finished them for me. I have two that need placed still and the straw placed, but the look is there.
We planted more seeds. I know that it is really late, but I thought better late than never. We planted Baby Boo pumpkins, Jack Be Little pumpkins, gourds, pic-n-pic yellow squash, zucchini, wax beans, green beans, and 16 more tomato plants (total of 32 now with more to go!!)
The flowers on the border are doing well also. I planted some more seeds hoping to fill in some of the more bare spots. I like the wild look of the volunteer plants.
We staked up the taller raspberries with old hedge poles. Bill used wire to connect them and used a technique that he used on the farm to do fencing by twisting the wire together. It gave it a really rustic look that we were hoping for. The pictures all turn out better if you click on each one to expand the view so it can be seen better. Someday I will get a nicer camera so I can take some of the great pictures that I see on other blogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it up close!