Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back from yet another trip south

We have ended up making two trips to Alabama in the last week and a half. The first was to visit my grandmother and family. She had recently been placed in a nursing home. We had the most wonderful visits. One week to the day after returning, we were on the road again for her funeral. It was truly a blessing to know that she was no longer suffering and with the Lord in heaven.

All this traveling means that something has to slide. That would be the potting up of my peppers and tomatoes. They may just burst their little roots out in rebellion soon. I want them to be strong and have good root systems before I plant out in mid May. These sayings won't comfort my plants....Good things come to those who wait, patience is a virtue, hurry up and wait, etc. Rather I think of this...only the strong survive!

On the other hand, it was nice to see all of the green. I had once heard that for every 100 miles that you travel north or south that there is a one week difference in the seasons. The trees are very leafed out. My uncle already has corn and beans planted. Something that I would not do until mid May in central Illinois.

No comments: