Saturday, July 21, 2012

Change is good....right?

I have seriously considered changing the focus of my blog to incorporate other areas of my life as well.  I love gardening, but it is but a piece of the quilt of my life.  There are so many things that I would like to share with others without having to have multiple blogs.
Currently my struggle is to change the url of my blog.  This has been something I have wanted to do since I noticed what comes up when a search is entered for "seed and weed".  In all of my naivety, I did not even consider what those words would conjure up in a search engine.  Yikes!  Not the image that I want to portray at all!  Now to figure out how to change the url and continue to keep my followers.  Anyone with suggestions?  
In the meantime, I am in the process of thinking of a new name for my blog...
I am looking forward to sharing many of the other "pieces of my quilt" with all of you!

5 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

I've been contemplating changing the name of my blog too, but after four years, I'm afraid it would get very confusing. So many people call me "Annie" (my dog's name), but when I named my blog, I thought only my kids would read it and they all know my name, LOL!

Peggy said...

"Annie",
And look at your blog now! You are so popular!
There's just so much to write about and share that it is hard to remain contained to one subject.
Keep up your great work!

T2Nashville said...

I think this is a great idea, and speaking from your family, we would enjoy hearing and seeing more pieces of your life as well - especially as I only get to hug you once a year! I'm not very creative when it comes to thinking up names, though. Just know that I will follow you anywhere! (You can just do another post here once you decide to inform everyone, then leave this up for just a bit longer so everyone has a chance to see where you went - then you can take it down.) Love you!

charlie b. said...

Hi Peggy, I felt the same way when I started blogging. I wanted to share more than just my garden info and plant photos. I've seen a few people who've changed. Some created a new URL and posted a notice on their old, directing readers to the new location. Others have changed the title, but left the url alone. With a free blog (and url), I don't know how you'd change it or if you can... Good luck and keep us "posted"! lol

BTW, I watched a documentary on PBS last night called Small Farm Rising. It featured Essex Farm (Kristin Kimball) in New York and a couple other NY farms. Very interesting. www.smallfarmrising.org

Unknown said...

I love that you wrote "piece of the quilt of my life" How poetic! I would love to see more pieces for sure. This is my first stop in at your blog, and I enjoyed looking and reading about those tasty tomatoes you have.