Friday, October 28, 2011

Freeze warning

Central Illinois has it's first freeze warning of the year tonight.  Not the Major League baseball kind, either.  :)  According to the National Weather Service, the first freeze for our area generally occurs on October 17th, so we are slightly behind average.  All of my tender plants came into the potting shed with the first frost warning, so I am safe that way.  I am ready to not have to mow grass anymore, for weeds to finally die, and yes, for snow to start flying.  I have to say that this has been one of the most beautiful and temperate autumns that I can remember.  Sometimes I wonder if that has to do with me getting older and more appreciative of nature.

2 comments:

HolleyGarden said...

And I just hate to see it come! But, you've given some good reasons - i'll think about them as I shiver! :)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

yes, the weather here in Illinois has been a dream